Networking for Black Professionals: Nonstop Business Networking That Will Change Your Life (2nd Edition) by - epub pdf fb2Title: Networking for Black Professionals: Nonstop Business Networking That Will Change Your Life (2nd Edition)
Publisher: Pearson FT Press; 2 edition (December 27, 2013)
Subcategory: Schools & Teaching
Size PDF: 1498 kb
Size Fb2: 1818 kb
Pages: 176 pages
Other Format: lit mobi mbr lrf
Networking for Black Professionals: Nonstop Business Networking That Will Change Your Life (2nd Edition) by -
pdf epub fb2 djvu
- 1498 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1818 downloads at 25 mb/s
You are unique. You have something very special to offer. So do many other people. But you have a secret weapon: this book. It will teach you how to network—and that’s the one skill that can give you near-perfect equality of opportunity.
80% of America’s job openings are never advertised. Networking can help you get those jobs. Employers need to see you as you really are. Networking lets you show them. Networking gives you contacts to get you in the door and advice from people who’ve been there.
As great networkers know, this isn’t about sucking up or being a phony. It’s about being your best self, creating lifelong connections, and building communities of people who help each other.
One step at a time, this book will help you overcome your doubts and fears, and gain all these powerful benefits. It’s authored by three people who’ve been there—including Dr. Renee Thompson, past Officer of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women. They’ve done it. You can, too—and it’s the #1 key to your success!
Real answers to the networking questions black professionals ask
Real solutions to the networking problems black professionals face
• Why should I spend time networking when I’m already so busy?
• How do I network when I don’t know anyone “important”?
• How can I work with the contacts I already have?
• Who should I try to meet?
• How do I network when I don’t have much work experience yet?
• How do I network with someone I might not like?
• What should I talk about? What shouldn’t I talk about?
• What’s the best way to follow up?
• How do I overcome fears about whether I’m good enough?
• Won’t people just judge me based on the color of my skin?
• How do I ask for help without compromising my self-respect?
• What can I really get out of social networks like LinkedIn or Facebook?
• How do I develop a personal “brand” that works for me?