Elements of Inquiry: A Guide for Consumers and Producers of Research by Peter J. BurkeTitle: Elements of Inquiry: A Guide for Consumers and Producers of Research
Author: Peter J. Burke
Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (June 3, 2009)
Subcategory: Schools & Teaching
Size PDF: 1466 kb
Size Fb2: 1831 kb
Pages: 222 pages
Other Format: txt rtf doc lrf
Elements of Inquiry: A Guide for Consumers and Producers of Research by Peter J. Burke
pdf epub fb2 djvu
- 1466 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1831 downloads at 25 mb/s
- 1435 downloads at 19 mb/s
• Fundamental concepts and rules of research are explained for both consumers and producers of research reports.
• The philosophical basis of research is examined and set forth as the foundation of a formal method of inquiry.
• Clearly presents guidelines for research and demonstrates their use in the design and improvement of programs.
• Provides guidance on what one should do as well as on what one should not to do in conducting research.
• Numerous practical examples amply demonstrate the principles presented in this book.
• End-of-chapter exercises provide an opportunity to apply the constructs discussed in the chapters.
• An Instructor’s Guide is included with your examination copy.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Beginning
Chapter 1: Research As Inquiry
Chapter 2: Consuming Research
Part II The Rules
Chapter 3: The Theoretical Basis of Research
Chapter 4: The Purpose of the Study
Chapter 5: The Design of the Study
Chapter 6: Know the Evidence
Chapter 7: Know the Evidence Source
Chapter 8: Gather the Evidence
Chapter 9: Review the Evidence
Chapter 10: Display the Findings
Chapter 11: Answer the Question
Chapter 12: Determine Closure
Part III Resources
Chapter 13: Research in Action
Chapter 14: Annotated Bibliography